Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Final Coundown to "I Do"

With just over 3 days to go until we get married, things are moving fast!

This weekend we moved into our new apartment. Well, our stuff went into the new apartment, but we're still getting it all organized and figured out. With all of our boxes and bags stacked everywhere last night, it all seemed really overwhelming, so I took it upon myself to relieve some of the pressure. When all was said and done the place actually looks inhabitable now. There's still a lot to be organized, but it's not all piled in the middle of our living room any more.

Almost everything for Friday's wedding ceremony is done:

We met with our minister, Kent, on Sunday to set up the order of service -- it's a simple ceremony, so we didn't have to do it really far in advance. I just remembered some important phrasing that we need to make sure is included. I'll make sure we get him called today.

We have both wedding bands ready to go; the only thing I'll need to do Friday where that's concerned is take her engagement ring to be cleaned.

We're all set on our clothes for the day, though I do need to make sure all my stuff is clean before then. Not a big deal.

Mom is putting the final touches on the flowers right now. They're beautiful!

Finally, today I'll pick up the marriage license and put it in the safe with the rings.

We're REALLY excited! This has all moved very fast but it's all felt very right. Among other things, Benjamin is so stoked that his dad is going to finally live with him and Mommy, Glenda is happy that her queen-sized bed won't feel empty at night and I'm just happy that we can finally be and do all the things as a family that we've looked forward to and not have to wait any longer.

Just over 3 days to go!

No comments: